Friday, November 19, 2010

Final Post?

I've come to realize that the most interesting things that happen at the VA are things I can't talk about. Ethics and patient confidentiality prevent me from sharing the best stories.

Maybe when I am 80 and don't care what happens to me anymore, I'll release a book.

Suffice it to say, most veterans are fantastic people, and I have a genuine love for them. Just a few of them are crazy sons of bitches and demand more than they deserve. But it really is only a few. The overwhelming majority are people who should be honored, appreciated and thanked, and providing their medical care is the least we can do for them as a nation.

The government is mostly pretty good to work for. I could never go back to the private sector. The private sector is driven by greed and profit. At least at the VA, I am only driven by quality patient care. And the statsitics, but mostly quality patient care.

At this rate, I don't know if I will ever post on this blog again. But if you like literature, check out my other two blogs.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had this blog. It's really good! I hope you keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it has been quite a while since this was updated and perhaps this was the last post. I simply want to echo in and say that I completely agree as a Vet and Patient, the VA is the best place to get quality care. I have been receiving care at the VA since 2005 and I have not complaints or regrets!

    ReplyDelete